Conference Call Recording
How to Record and Access Conferences
Our system automatically archives and remotely stores recorded conference calls. However, you must allow up to 30 minutes between recordings. If a new recording is initiated prior to the allotted time, any prior recording is deleted and cannot be retrieved.
Operator Initiated Recording - As a Host you may contact a live operator via the *0 command and request the operator initiate the process to ensure proper recording.
Host Initiated Recording (# 7) - A Host may record a conference call. To enable this feature:
- Press # 7 - Enter Record Mode
- Press 1 - To begin recording the current conference
<<< Recording Begins >>> You will hear, "The conference is now being recorded." This is your confirmation that the recording initiated successfully.
- # 7 - To Stop and exit Recording Mode, or you may simply hang up.
Retrieving a Recorded Call - After your conference has ended, submit a recording request. Once your request is processed you will receive an email containing download links to your files. You may also request instructions on how to dial in and listen to your recordings by phone at the same time. Please read the details on both options below.
MP3/WAV File (Free) - An email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org containing a secure link.
- As you are limited to 12 downloads of this recording, please do not use this site as the file delivery mechanism to others.
- Your download link will be available for one month from the date of this email.
- Both MP3 and WAV formats are available. Economy Conference Call recommends that you download the MP3 file for portability and file storage.
- If your email program does not support active links, please cut and paste the link into the "address" or "location" field of your browser and press "Enter" or "Go".
Playback by Phone(Per minute rates apply) - An email will be sent from email@example.com containing access information and directions on how to retrieve all conference recordings. This email will contain:
- The phone number to dial to retrieve the recording
- A Participant Code
This access information will be valid for all subsequent recordings. It is not necessary to make this request more than once. Instructions below.
1. Dial the phone number that was emailed to you with your playback instructions.
2. Enter the Participant Code that was emailed to you with your playback instructions.
3. If multiple recordings are available:
- Press 1 to listen to the most recent recording
- Press 2 to listen to the previous recording
- Press 3 to listen to the next recording
Your playback can be controlled with the following keypad controls:
- 1 - Play
- 2 - Stop
- 3 - Advanced Menu
- 4 - Rewind (45 seconds)
- 5 - Pause
- 6 - Fast Forward (45 seconds)
- 7 - Slow Playback
- 8 - Normal Playback
- 9 - Fast Playback