If you are unable to find the answer you need here, please contact us and a support rep will be glad to assist you.
- I've never used a conferencing service before, how do I set up a conference call?
Just email everyone you wish to participate in your conference call and provide them with the dial-in number and participant code you were issued, along with the time/date of your conference. At the time of the conference everyone will just follow these simple steps.
- How is the cost of a call calculated?
Calls are billed per minute, per line(per participant). Example: You have a total of 4 people on a conference call that lasts 30 minutes, the total minutes you would be billed for would be 120. At 4.9¢ per minute using your toll-free dial-in number, the cost of that call would be $5.88 (4 x 30 x .049 = 5.88). If you held the same call using your toll number the cost of the call would be $3.48 (4 x 30 x .029 = 3.48).
- How is usage calculated if I'm on a monthly plan?
Minutes used are calculated on a per minute, per line(per participant) basis. Example: You have a total of 4 people on a conference call that lasts 30 minutes, the total minutes deducted from your balance of minutes for that call would be 120 -- 4 (Participants) x 30 (Minutes) = 120 minutes used.
International toll-free minutes and international dial-out minutes are not included in the monthly plans. International toll-free rates vary by country, please contact us for rates for specific countries.
- How many people can I can have on a call?
We guarantee 125 lines per call. Please contact us 24 hours in advance when you expect to have more than 125 participants on a call and we will make sure the necessary lines are available for your conference. There are no additional charges for going over 125 participants on a call.
- How do I add new users to my account?
Use the add/delete users form to add users to your account. You will receive a confirmation email once the new users have been activated to use your account.
- Is there any limit to the number of users our company can have on our account?
There is no limit on the number of users you can add to your account and there are no fees for adding additional users.
- How do I pay for your service?
- Where are toll-free dial-in numbers accessible from?
Toll-free service can be accessed from all 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, Saipan, American Samoa and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Do you offer any kind of call management system?
Yes. With ECC you have access to ManageYourCall, a web-based conference management application. You must request that access to ManageYourCall be activated for your account. There are no additional charges for activating or using ManageYourCall.
- Is operator assistance available during a call?
Yes. Simply press * 0 on your keypad and an operator is summoned to assist you. You can also review our complete list of keypad commands.
- Is it possible to have the details of a call emailed to me after it has concluded?
Yes. When you signup with Economy Conference Call you can request to have conference reports emailed to you at the conclusion of each call. The report provides a complete record of each conference and is sent within five minutes of a call's conclusion. There are no additional charges for this service.
- Can account administrators or our accounting department receive a summary of all of our employees' usage of your service?
Yes. Account administrators and account billing contacts can receive daily or weekly summary reports. There are no additional charges for this service.
- Can I record a conference call with ECC?
Yes. To record a conference call follow the steps in this quick guide.
- How do international participants dial in to a conference call?
You have three options for international participants to join your conference calls:
1) International Toll - International participants dial an international toll number(all customers are issued an international toll dial-in number). If international participants use the international toll dial-in number, they would incur any long distance charges from their local telecom provider. The conference host would be charged the per minute rate for their ECC plan(4.9¢ per minute for Pay-As-You-Go plan, etc.) for the minutes the international participant(s) were on a call.
2) International Toll-Free - International participants dial an international toll-free dial-in number that is country specific. Per minute rates vary by country. The host account is charged the rate specific to the country an international participant dials in from. Click here for toll-free rates for specific countries. International toll-free dial-in numbers are only issued to account administrators.
3) International Dial-Out - Utilizing either * 0 to access a live operator, or the Dial-Out feature, a Host can have a participant dialed out to and brought into their conference. The host account is charged the per minute toll-free rate specific to that country.
- I don't make many conference calls, will my account remain active if I don't use it regularly?
Yes. Your account will remain active unless you go 12 months without using it. A reminder email will be sent asking if you want your account expiration date extended. After 13 months of inactivity the account would be disabled.
- Are there any monthly fees or inactivity fees if I don't use my account regularly?
No. With our Pay-As-You-Go service you pay only for your actual usage. There are no monthly minimum charges and no inactivity fees.
- Are there any taxes on your service?
Yes. There are federally mandated taxes that all conference call providers are required to collect, similar to a phone bill. Please review this sample invoice.
- What is the Universal Service Fund tax?
The Universal Service Fund(USF) is a federally mandated item that all conference call providers are required to collect.
- How can I retrieve my host and participant codes?
Use our retrieve or change codes form to have your codes emailed to you.
- How do I change my host and participant codes?
Use our retrieve or change codes form to have new codes emailed to you.
- How do I delete users from my account?
Use our add/delete users form to delete users from your account. You will receive a confirmation email once the users have been deleted from your account.